Administrative and Communications Associate
Cloud to Street is the leading flood mapping platform designed to protect the world’s most climate-vulnerable communities. By harnessing global satellites, advanced science, and community intelligence, we monitor worldwide floods in near real-time and remotely analyze local flood exposure at a click of a button. Our mission is to ensure that all vulnerable governments finally access the high quality information they need to prepare for and respond to increasing catastrophes. Founded by two women at Yale and seeded by Google, Cloud to Street is or has been used by governments across 15 countries. We are on track to enable new flood protection and insurance for 10 million people in the next 5 years.
We are looking for a creative and agile Administrative and Communications Associate to join our team. You should apply if you are interested in joining a scientific team committed to fighting for the safety of climate-vulnerable people around the world. In this role, you will spearhead administrative and organizational processes that are critical to our success. You will also take deep ownership of our social media presence and our newsletter, which highlights the most exciting achievements from us and our partners each month, and coordinate our media and communications strategy. This position is a good fit for you if you are eager to explore the intersections between communications, climate change, disaster insurance, and international aid—all in a fast-paced and exciting startup environment.
- Spearhead administrative tasks including scheduling calls and meetings, booking travel, managing bills, tracking accounts receivables, and organizing project management software, etc.
- Develop robust organizational systems to keep the team on track
- Write monthly newsletter, including writing articles, developing graphics, and highlighting exciting accomplishments and news
- Coordinate media and press
- Copyedit reports, grants, and other documents as needed
- Manage company website and social media
- Supervise hiring processes
- Work with the CEO to develop and nurture Cloud to Street’s unique culture
- Report directly to CEO
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Extremely organized, self-directed, and eager to learn the ins and outs of business management and communications for an environmental startup
- Skilled copyeditor excited to use writing and research talents towards environmental advocacy
- Eager to provide flexible support in a fast-paced startup environment
- Demonstrated organizational ability
- Demonstrated experience with writing, marketing, and/or social media
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a scrappy startup mentality
- Commitment to justice, diversity, science, and solidarity with vulnerable communities
- Copyediting and robust knowledge of grammatical conventions; scientific literacy a strong plus
- Familiarity with organizational and administrative systems (such as CRMs) that help teams run smoothly
- Experience with communications or marketing
- Understanding of the intersections of international disaster aid, climate change, and environmental science
- Fluency in a language other than English, especially French, a strong plus
- Our ideal candidate brings most of these experiences, but we expect most of our candidates may have particular strengths or experiences with one area more than another
As a Cloud to Street member, you:
- Assist in the production of scalable technology at start-up technology company focused on social impact and sustainable development
- Serve the underserved by reducing the scientific barriers for low and middle income countries to access the information governments, businesses, and communities need to sustainably develop and thrive
- Are in solidarity with vulnerable communities by spending time with flood affected populations and organizations who serve them
- Increase equity by making information accessible to historically marginalized communities and building a diverse and inclusive start-up
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to email@example.com with:
- Subject line: Administrative and Communications Associate, Cloud to Street
- Attached CV/resume
- Writing sample
- Paragraph expressing interest
Applications are due on February 20th at 11:59 EST. Applications received by the deadline will be given priority.
Cloud to Street is devoted to building an inclusive and diverse company. Women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Want to work together?
Don't see a position you think we need?