Government & Humanitarian Advocate
Cloud to Street is the leading remote flood mapping system designed for the world’s most vulnerable communities. Our platform harnesses global satellites, advanced science and community intelligence to monitor floods in near real time around the world and remotely analyze local flood exposure at a click of a button. Our mission is to ensure that all vulnerable governments can finally access the high quality information they need to prepare and respond to increasing catastrophes. Cloud to Street is or has been used by governments in 11 countries. We are on track to enable new flood protection and insurance for 10 million people in the next 5 years.
We are now looking for an innovative and entrepreneurial sales specialist to lead sales at Cloud to Street, grow our customer base, cultivate long term partnerships, and develop a scalable sales process.
- Generate sales leads through internal/external referral process, outbound marketing, and industry networking events for the disaster analytics market and eventually the flood insurance market
- Manage multiple phases of sales cycles, including sourcing, initial contact, identification of client needs, presentations/product demos, negotiation, & implementation with international agencies and insurance companies
- Further design and develop the sales process and strategy in collaboration with the CEO
- Lead channel partnership strategy and cultivate important partnerships
- Help design product marketing material
- Maintain and update CRM system regarding sales calls, pipelines and sales
- Support to customers during deployments to ensure their product needs are met and well understood by the deployment team
- Represent Cloud to Street at high profile networking events
- Spend approximately 10-20% time on post-sales customer success support
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- 1+ years of success in enterprise sales with start-ups, preferably to governments in Africa, Asia, and/or Latin America
- 1+ years of experience working in the developing world with large humanitarian or development organizations
- Experience and excitement around developing a sales processes from scratch
- Expertise with online sales tools
- Strong organizational and relationship building skills
- A commitment to justice, equity, scientific rigor, and solidarity with vulnerable communities
- Experience in software sales to UN agencies and the World Bank preferred
- Work in the catastrophe insurance industry preferred
- Some familiarity with the satellite or geospatial analytics field preferred
This job is right for you if you are ...
- entrepreneurial and self-motivated—excited to be the sales lead in a fast moving startup
- deeply committed to impact
- love both enterprise sales and ensuring customers get what they need from our product, starting on day 1 through year 100
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Subject line: Government and Humanitarian Advocate, Cloud to Street
- Attached CV/resume and writing sample
- Paragraph expressing interest
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Cloud to Street is devoted to building an inclusive and diverse company. Women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Want to work together?
Don't see a position you think we need?