Cloud to Street is the leading flood mapping and monitoring platform designed to enable emergency preparation and response for the world’s most climate vulnerable communities. We harness global satellites, advanced remote sensing science, human centered design, and community intelligence to detect floods in near real-time around the world and dynamically analyze local flood risk for immediate and long term decision-making. Our mission is to ensure that all vulnerable governments have access to the best information and to the support tools they need to prepare and respond to increasing catastrophes. Cloud to Street is or has been used by governments in 11 countries. We are on track to enable new flood protection and insurance for 10 million people in the next 5 years.
We are looking for a disaster management leader from the humanitarian or development space to head the design and growth of our flood information product for developing country users. The ideal person for this role has experience on the ground in several emergencies and has developed deep partnerships with national governments, global agencies, and NGOs such as the UN, The World Bank, The Red Cross, CARE, and more.
Scope of Work
- Strengthen our partnerships and cultivate new relationships with national governments, development agencies, and humanitarian organizations across the developing world and at headquarters
- Take the design of the tool and our professional support services to the next level for government, humanitarian, and development users
- Support current users of the tool, ensuring that their needs are met and well understood by the deployment team
- Research the emerging insurance market and new financial instruments in the developing world and develop how these solutions could be developed in our current countries of operation in particular
- Recruit and build your own world class team to support our work in the developing world
- Further develop business growth and sales processes
- Represent Cloud to Street at high profile networking events like Understanding Risk, AidEx, and more
- Oversee prospecting and sales process for government, humanitarian, and development sectors, and eventually the flood insurance and financial instruments market
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate
- 5+ years of experience with humanitarian or development organizations, ideally on the ground emergency contexts in several locations and at headquarters
- Very strong existing relationships in the humanitarian and development sectors
- 1+ years at a commercial or NGO start-up, preferably working with governments
- Success pitching technical products to governments and supporting their use of the product post-sale
- Experience developing new processes and leading teams
- Strong point of view about technology adoption and innovation in a humanitarian and development context
- Deep understanding of disaster management and response, and the realities of execution on the ground
- A commitment to justice, equity, scientific rigor, and solidarity with vulnerable communities
- Preferred: some familiarity with satellites and disaster analytics
This job is right for you if you are ...
- Able to speak the languages of social impact, science, technology and development: an essential multilingual requirement (whatever your first language between these might be)
- See yourself developing the intersection of humanitarian need and innovation as a lifelong passion
- Entrepreneurial and eager to build a powerful organization over the long haul
Applicants are requested to send their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Subject line: Partnerships Director
- Attached CV/resume and writing sample
- Paragraph expressing interest in the body of your email
Applications will be reviewed on a ROLLING basis.
Cloud to Street is devoted to building an inclusive and diverse company. Women, people of color, and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Want to work together?
Don't see a position you think we need?